12/05/20 FORTUNA – 90 Minute Cleanup – Collaboration with River Life Foundation
This is our FIRST collaboration with The River Life Foundation, in Fortuna!
We can't do this without the support from our local sponsors, collaborators, and volunteers. So please SUPPORT the businesses/organizations/people that support keeping our beautiful outdoor spaces garbage and litter free!
This weeks cleanup will be held just South of the Fernbridge turnoff. If you are driving South from Eureka, take the Fernbridge 692 exit. If you are heading North from Fortuna, take the Fernbridge 691 exit. We will put 100% of our focus cleaning up the abandoned camps that are close to the Ell River waterline. The goal is to get this picked up BEFORE the water level rises and takes all the garbage to the ocean.
We will meet just South of the Fernbridge turnoff at the beginning of the Southbound onramp at 8:45 am to sign in. We will start the cleanup at 9:00 am and it will end at 10:30am. At 10:15am we will meet up for a group photo and raffle, then we will be finished by 10:30am.
We are very excited for this opportunity to partner with The River Life Foundation and we hope to see lots of people there! Tell your friends, share the link, and show some love!
- We will have sanitizer on site for all our volunteers.
- You must have a mask to participate in our cleanups. Wearing a mask is required at the beginning and end of our cleanups. Masks are optional during the cleanup as long as you can socially distance with other people.
- We encourage all cleanup volunteers to bring their own gloves, pickers and buckets. However, we will provide gloves, pickers, and buckets for volunteers that need them.
- We will be washing ALL gloves and vests after each cleanup and SANITIZING all pickers, buckets, pens, tables, etc. after each cleanup.
- If any volunteers have had COVID-19 symptoms we ask they they do not participate in any PacOut Green Team cleanups for 14 days.