We will be setting up at the Mad River Beach parking lot. Our #1 focus during this cleanup will be removing nails from fire pits. We have several large magnets on rope that we can drag over the fire pits and collect all the nails. This is actually a really fun cleanup for this reason. We will have two person teams at each fire pit. One person will be dragging the magnet over the fire pit and the other person will be raking the fire pit to expose more nails. This is a family and dog friendly cleanup. We will also pick up any trash in and around the parking lot. Let’s see how many nails we can pick up in 60 minutes!
We will meet at 8:45 am to sign in. We will start the cleanup at 9:00 am and it will end at 10:00am. We meet for a group photo and raffle at 9:45 am.
We look forward to seeing everyone there! Tell your friends, share the link and show some love!
- We will have sanitizer on site for all our volunteers.
- You must have a mask to participate in our cleanups. Wearing a mask is required at the beginning and end of our cleanups. Masks are optional during the cleanup as long as you can socially distance with other people.
- We encourage all cleanup volunteers to bring their own gloves, pickers and buckets. However, we will provide gloves, pickers, and buckets for volunteers that need them.
- We will be washing ALL gloves and vests after each cleanup and SANITIZING all pickers, buckets, pens, tables, etc. after each cleanup.
- If any volunteers have had COVID-19 symptoms we ask they they do not participate in any PacOut Green Team cleanups for 14 days.