01/02/21 SAMOA BRIDGES – Adopt-A-Highway – Sponsored by California Trailers
A big THANK YOU to this week's sponsor!
We can't do this without the support from our local sponsors, collaborators, and volunteers. So please SUPPORT the businesses/organizations/people that support keeping our beautiful outdoor spaces garbage and litter free!
Thank you to this week’s sponsors: California Trailers located between Eureka and Arcata on the West side of the Safety Corridor.
This weeks cleanup we will be focusing the three bridges going from Eureka to Samoa, that is our Adopt-A-Highway.
NOTE: We will meet at in the first parking lot on the Left on Woodly Island at 8:45am. Leaving Eureka – take the first exit after you go over the first bridge and head to the Woodly Island Marina.
We after checking in, you will be given a bucket or bag and then people can head to a safe place to park along the 3 bridges and start cleaning it up.
The cleanup will be from 9:00am to 10:00am. All garbage will be left in bags along the highway for CalTrans to pick up.
Due to safety concerns we will not be taking a group picture at the end of the cleanup, however we will be taking lots of pictures during the cleanup.
We look forward to seeing everyone there! Tell your friends, share the link and show some love!
- We will have sanitizer on site for all our volunteers.
- You must have a mask to participate in our cleanups. Wearing a mask is required at the beginning and end of our cleanups. Masks are optional during the cleanup as long as you can socially distance with other people.
- We encourage all cleanup volunteers to bring their own gloves, pickers and buckets. However, we will provide gloves, pickers, and buckets for volunteers that need them.
- We will be washing ALL gloves and vests after each cleanup and SANITIZING all pickers, buckets, pens, tables, etc. after each cleanup.
- If any volunteers have had COVID-19 symptoms we ask they they do not participate in any PacOut Green Team cleanups for 14 days.