12/3/22 – Post Cleanup Report – Eureka Trash Bash – Waterfront Trail
It was a beautiful but windy morning! However, that didn’t stop people from showing. In addition to our regular volunteers, we had great turnouts from Eureka Rotary and Humboldt Masonic Lodge (#79). This was our bi-monthly 90 Minute Eureka Trash Bash in collaboration with Eco Eureka, STIL, and Eureka Police Department.
- Thank you Eco Eureka for bringing Los Bagel bagels and cream cheese to the cleanup!
- Thank you EPD CSET for hauling our garbage with your UTV and trailer!
- Thank you STIL for all your hard work and bringing enough prizes for EVERYONE!
This month we chose a NEW location. We met at the far corner of the old Sears parking lot at the Bayshore Mall. There was lots of garbage and litter in that area. So much so, that in 90 minutes we overfilled our 20 yard dumpster!
That section of the Waterfront trail went from looking trashy to classy in 90 minutes, thanks to everyone’s hard work!
Support the people, organizations and businesses that protect our beautiful open spaces!
- Volunteers: 42 people and 2 dogs
- Raffle Prizes: Lots of great prizes from STIL Humboldt, a Pacific Outfitters Gift Card, and a Los Bagels Gift Card
- Weight: 4000 lbs trash (estimate)
- Time: 90 Minute Trash Bash